GrooVe IP play.google.com.gvoip
GrooVe IP is an android app that connects to Google Voice using Voice over IP (VoIP). What this means for you is you can make free unlimited calls to any phone in the US or Canada without using your voice minutes.
GrooVe IP works on any android device, phone or tablet, and allows you to make calls using the device’s data (WiFi or mobile data) connection. If you have a smartphone with Wi-Fi connectivity but no mobile plan, you can use this app to convert it to a free, full-featured working phone.
This app has a separate dialer that can be used to make calls. Alternatively, the native dialer, call-log, contacts, and favorite functionality can be shared between the phone and app on a call-by-call basis.
- Please ensure that your Google Voice account is associated with either a gmail or google apps account.
- To receive incoming calls you MUST go into your Google Voice account and forward calls to Google Chat.
- GrooVe IP uses 1.2 MB per minute during a call
For requirements, setup details, answers to frequently asked questions, known issues, or more information, please visit http://snrblabs.com/snrb/grooveIp.aspx
If you have any questions, feature requests, or run into any problems please contact us! We cannot help you if you only leave a comment.
What’s in this version: (Updated : 20 February 2017)
- If you are having trouble with an update please try a clean install. Uninstall app, restart device, then download and install app again.
- Version 3.8:
- – Configure your voicemail greeting. Dial your GrooVe IP number from the app dialer to access the voicemail system.
- – Bug fixes
- Version 3.7:
- – Backup/Restore your call history and sms
- – Bug fixes
- Version 3.6:
- – Tablet optimization
- – Accessibility labels
Required Android O/S : 2.1+